Monday 11 November 2013

Winter Clothing!

With winter fast approaching I thought it appropriate to to a recommendations and/or reviews list of things you can wear to keep yourself warm!

Layers- Layers are very important and has gotten me through every winter so far. Usually I will start off with a polo shirt or t-shirt, doesn't have to be anything special but make sure it's comfortable- if it's extra cold you can wear a long sleeved t-shirt or rugby shirt.
Next a fleece or hoody then I usually have a gilet over the top, mine is just a thin caldene one which cost me £20 from HOYS last year.
Then a coat, mine is a shires bomber jacket which cost me £20 but I'm looking to invest in a winter coat this year!

Bottom half- I always wear leggings under my jodhpurs, but you can get base layers too, with knee socks for extra warmth.
My jodhpurs are normal ones but you can get fleece lined ones. Then boots, I'd be no where without my Ariat Grasmere's, essential for winter and no other boot compares in my eyes.
I then put on my Rambo half chaps which are fleece lined and are very warm and waterproof, which keeps the snow from drenching me! These cost me around £38 from HOYS last year too.

Gloves- Personally i use my Roeckl polartec gloves which are very very warm but have seen better days so I'm looking into either SealSkinz gloves or Tredstep's new range. The Roeckl gloves cost me £22 a couple of years ago.

Headbands- I used to wear my Musto ZP one but it's too big for my head so tends to flap about when it's windy. I recently bought a Townend one which fits perfectly, it was reasonably priced at £4.95 yet my Musto one was around £10.

I also have a buff for around my neck, it's a motorcycle one and I can't remember where I got it from but they are very useful and a lot of equestrian companies do them!


I hope this was informative and I hope it helped someone keep warm this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment